Transfer Station Information
Transfer Station Stickers
- The Transfer Station Sticker is only valid for the vehicle it was issued
- Stickers must be permanently attached to the vehicle rear window in such a way as to be easily visible to the attendant. Stickers may not be taped to the window or laminated and kept in the vehicle. If you need to transfer the sticker to a different vehicle, you must remove the sticker from the old vehicle and bring it and your new registration to the Treasurer's Office for a replacement sticker.
sticker matches the registration on the vehicle.
- Only residential refuse generated with the Town of Middleton will be accepted at the Transfer Station. The attendant has the right to randomly inspect loads in a reasonable and responsible manner and turn away any material that seems to be
- obviously commercial or contain hazardous or other unacceptable material. The
- attendant may also turn away loads that seem too large to come from a single residence.
- Any individual who accidentally or intentionally creates litter will have the responsibility of cleaning it up.
- All trash must be bagged
The following material will not be accepted at the Transfer Station:
- Ammunition or other explosives
- Any barrels or other containers that hold or once held hazardous material unless inspected by the Transfer Station Operator to insure that they are empty
- Construction and Demolition waste
- Hazardous material including but not limited to gasoline, pesticides and herbicides, chemicals, oil based paint and mercury containing products such as thermometers and florescent bulbs, car batteries. (Many of these materials can be disposed of at Hazardous Waste Days or other periodic events.)
- Infectious or medical wastes
- Recyclable material
- Sealed containers including gas cylinders, animal carcasses, radioactive material, liquid or slurry waste of any kind regardless of packaging or labeling
- Sewage waste or sludge
- Tree stumps, boulders, rocks, stones, dirt or other non combustible material
The following materials will not be accepted at the trash compactor but have designated containers or areas within the Transfer Station:
- Brush will be accepted on scheduled collection dates
- Container glass separated into clear green and brown items (Note. window glass, drinking glasses, dishes and light bulbs must go in the compactor.)
- CRTs (Cathodes Ray Tubes), computers, monitors and video games.
- Paper including newspapers, magazines, phone books, junk mail, paperboard boxes and cardboard
- Passenger car and light truck tires (Limit two per month)
- Plastic - All seven grades of container plastics
- Rechargeable batteries
- Scrap metal
- Tin and aluminum cans
- Used motor oil
- White goods (appliances), however, Freon bearing appliances are prohibited (Freon bearing appliances must be evacuated by a certified vendor before disposal in metal bins)
Violators of these regulations may have their transfer station sticker revoked or have other enforcement action taken against them.